Wednesday, December 17, 2008

*Ding* You are now free to move around...

My "specs" last week were off a little, I was estimating because I didn't get measurements from the ultrasound. This week, I know that the fetus is 1.5 inches, the heartbeat is 170, and I'm measuring 10 weeks, 2 days as of yesterday. He was wiggling around a lot yesterday and, in a new development, he's got elbows and knees...that bend!

I've now lost 4 pounds, but as you can imagine, my doctor isn't too concerned about that. I'm only slated to gain 15-25lbs during the pregnancy (vs. the normal 25-35) so I'm okay with it. It seems I can't stand meat or raw vegetables (which were the mainstay of my diet prior to this debacle!) and instead subsist on bread, cheese, cereal, and malt-o-meal. I just can't stomach anything that presents a challenge to my digestive system. Too much information...

Good news! I'm off of any special restrictions since the bleeding has all but stopped! My doctor also thinks that the bleeding was coming from my cervix, which shouldn't be a threat to the pregnancy, so that was reassuring.

My appointment yesterday was the last appointment before we break the news to everyone; we won't have another until after Christmas. I asked my doctor if it is okay to be optimistic at this point, and he said everything looks "very good." We'll tell everyone over the course of the holiday stuff this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're off the pelvic rest!

    Is "he" just a utilitarian pronoun, or do you have a feeling? I think "it" is totally kosher at this point--it's still pretty far from personhood.

    How about bananas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you know, I just was feeling weird about "it" and this week the the organs are all there and what "it" is is all determined, so I'm just picking one. No, I don't have a "feeling."

    ReplyDelete